I think Chuseok is great holidays in Korea. That is Korean Thanksgiving Day; also we have holiday for three days. My parents told me that the Chuseok is important our country. I didn’t understand about it when I was young. However, I agree with that now. For a long time, Korean ancestor made that holidays and they believed Confucian ideas. We make a lot of food for ancestor. Most of all, we should eat Songpyeon. It’s similar mean to turkey. We visit our ancestor’s graves during the Chuseok, because ancestor worship carries very importance in Korea. After we perform ancestral rites, we play Chuseok games. For example, ssireum; Korean wrestling, ganggangsulae; traditional Korean circle dance play, juldaleege; tug-of-war etc. I enjoyed those games. In fact it made a united family. For all reasons, I love that holidays.


It's interesting that you mentioned Chuseok; we're studying international holidays in Speaking and Listening class and Chuseok is one of them. It sounds somewhat similar to Thanksgiving in Canada.
ReplyDeleteCorrections:
That is the Korean Thanksgiving Day; also, we have holidays for three days.
However, I agree with that now.